Monday, April 7, 2008

Birthday Cards




It's been an extremely busy couple of weeks and there's no sign of things slowing down anytime soon so I won't be posting daily. I'll do my best to post at least once or twice a week.

My daughter's 8th birthday is coming up and I promised I would MAKE her birthday party invitations. It took me all weekend but I got all 19 of them done. Yup - I said 19 - and although it was a lot of work, I had a great time doing them and more importantly my daughter loves them.

I got my inspiration from Michelle Wooderson's February 21st post on clamshell cards. Checkout her blog over at Mish Mash - she's always got something new and exciting.

I used the largest classic circle scallop and second largest classic circle nestabilities by Spellbinder. The cardstock was DCWV 8x8 package of textured paper and I chose different colours because I didn't have enough sheets in one colour. I stamped the Magnolia with Brilliance Black Graphite and coloured it with Copics. Most of the flowers (Making Memories) were embellished with Robin's Nest baubles. However, the yellow flowers (Artemio) started out white and I coloured them in using my Cadmium Yellow Copic. I was going to put polka dots to match the rain boots but time was of the essence and I didn't want to risk botching that up in the wee hours of the morning so no spots. Ribbon was a mix from Michaels and some SU and glitter pen used on wings for extra sparkle.

Have a great week!

3 comments:

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

my ghosh this turned out soooo cute

Bonnie said...

Maria, Luv all these "clamshell" Tilda's - fabulous!

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

These are a-DOR-able, Maria!! I'm sure you're daughter does love them!! Great job!!