Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Cute Card Thursday Challenge


Here's my submission to the Cute Card Thursday Challenge - oops forgot to link up the picture earlier this morning. I finally inked up my High Hopes stamp Lizabeth Biking Angel. Isn't she cute as a button - reminds me of my girls riding their bikes.

The only restriction for this challenge is NO store bought designer paper so I used my Cuttlebug to emboss the cs I purchased from Mary Maxim a while back. I added some SU wide organza ribbon and dollar store floral ribbon to match. I matted the main image with SU cs. The image was stamped with Memories black ink and coloured in with Copics. The tag was made with the Tiny Tags Cuttlebug die - I rounded the corners with the SU corner rounder punch - and the sentiment is an SU rub-on.

FYI - Memories ink works well with Copics as long as you heat set the ink after stamping or let it dry overnight. The Copics will smudge the ink while colouring if its not heat set or left to dry overnight but the image is so crisp and clear. I usually use Brilliance ink for images I colour with Copics because you can colour almost instantly after stamping without worrying about heat setting. But you never really know until you try something new for yourself.

Well it's back to work today so have a great day and happy stamping.

4 comments:

Annie said...

what a beautiful card you have made with such a cute image and love the ribbons! annie x

Andrea, said...

Great card, I love the cute image.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

cats whiskers said...

Hi Maria this is so cute. I love your colouring. It is exciting I cannot wait for the High Hopes Stamps. Plus we should r having H&S her soon wipeeee!!
Hugs Jacqui x

Richelle said...

Super cute card...that image is very cute too!