Sunday, July 13, 2008

Friday Sketchers & Cute Card Thursday Challenges

Here's my submission to 2 challenges: Cute Card Thursday and Friday Sketchers. The challenge on Cute Card Thursday is to make a card for a child. I've been wanting to ink up this stamp for a while and thought it was perfect for the Cute Card Thursday Challenge. For the layout of my card I used the sketch on this week's Friday Sketchers Challenge.

Cardstock is SU and DP is with a sparkley Imaginisce (All Kinds of Happy on one side and Tied Up With Strings on the other). I bought the DP from Phebe at the Town Scrapper. Image stamped on Canson Manga Paper for Copics with Archival Brilliance Graphite Black ink, coloured with Copics and cut with the larger Spellbinder classic circle die. I tried to do something new this time and inked the edges of the circle with Pink Pizzazz Ancient Page dye ink. The edging didn't turn out as planned so I guess it's something I need to practice. EK Success Paper Shapers "Retro Flower" punches created the flowers and the centres are my favourite Bella BonBons from Stamping Bella. Stickles placed on Tilda's wings, top of hat and on her shirt - not sure you can see it in the pic and any close-up I took turned out blurry. SU Hodgepodge hardware and one of my fav MFT sentiments finish the card.

I'm going to surprise my 8 yr-old daughter by putting this in her lunch box on her first day of Grade 3 in September. A couple of months ago when I started making cards she asked me if I was going to leave little notes for her in her lunch box everyday. I'm thinking that I might surprise her with a card or two once a month - only Wonder Woman could do it everyday! I think I'd better start working on them now especially because I have 2 girls so what I do for one I do for the other.

Well, I gotta run to start packing for our camping trip next week.

Happy Sunday,
Maria

8 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

This is so cute Maria and what a lovely idea too, I love your colouring of this sweet Tilda, also love the hodgepodge Hardware and will add this to my first SU order, Have a great Sunday, Hugs, Nikki x

Andrea, said...

Oh this is so pretty, I love the colours and the cute Tilda you have used.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

mueppi said...

Das ist ein süsses Kärtchen!!!!!

Deb said...

very sweet card, love this Tilda, she is adorable, thank you for joining in the CCT challenge

Bev said...

What a gorgeous card! Love the papers and colours - so pretty and the image so sweet

Annie said...

love this Tilda skipping image and your fabulous choice of papers. annie x

Beth said...

This is so sweet, I love the little sentiment plate!

craftyb said...

Aww so sweet Maria! What a lovley surprise to find in your lunchbox...bet that brought a nice smile!! bx