Wednesday, July 9, 2008

3 Challenges in 1 - Cute Card Thursday, Our Creative Corner & Kraftin' Kimmie's Korner (KKHHC1)


We've been having some funny weather here in Southwest Ontario. One minute its sunny and warm, the next overcast and muggy and then bang a rain/hail storm. Go figure! Hard to know whether to stay inside or outside.

Here's my submission for 3 challenges this week: Cute Card Thursday, Our Creative Corner and the Kraftin' Kimmie's Korner High Hopes Challenge 1 (KKHHC1). It took me a long time to complete this card but it was worth it as I'm really pleased with how it turned out. This special card is for my baby who turns 6 in a couple of weeks - oh how time flies. She loves being outside and swinging on the swingset daddy made for her and big sister. She also loooooves this adorable Tilda, which I purchased from Phebe at the Town Scrapper. By the way, Phebe's received a new shipment of Magnolias so contact her if you're looking for these adorable stamps.

I'm quite excited about this new paper I used for the card- at least its new to me. It's the Canson Manga Paper for Copics which can be purchased from none other than Stamping Bella. My Copics did not bleed and the colour looks perfect. Tilda is pop dotted and placed so she's sitting on the swing. CS is Stampin' Up and DP is Imaginesce Baby Powder/Oopsie Daisy - love this DP. Sentiment is a Stmapin' Up rub-on and flowers are Prima with a sugar-coated Doodlebug Design Inc. brad in the center. I used the Stampin' Up corner rounder for the corners of the CS and DP. Since I don't have any chalk and haven't had enough practice with my Prismas, I used the CS and DP to provide some background for the sky and the funky DP for the ground under Tilda's feet. Of course, this meant there was a lot of scissor cutting around the images and let me tell you the swing is pretty tricky.

Have a good evening and if you get a chance pop over to the 3 blogs to see the wonderful work there and get inspired to join in on the fun.

Hugs,
Maria

6 comments:

Andrea, said...

Beautiful card, the images are fabulous and I love the colours you have used.
Thanks for joining in the CCT challenge

eba said...

Lovely card!

Cindy Haffner said...

Oh my so sweet, so glad you played with us OCC girls.

Dawn Easton said...

Totally adorable card!! Thanks for playing along with us at the OCC!
My Mom is visiting me right now from Southwest Ontario and hopes her plants are doing okay...lol

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

What a beautiful card, Maria! I'm sure your daughter will love it!! I can see that it took a lot of time to cut everything out, but it was worth it! Great job with the sketch and thanks for joining in the challenge!

Renee said...

Love it! It's beautiful!