Monday, February 9, 2009

Kraftin Kimmie's Challenge #2`

Here's the last of my submissions to Kim's week long challenges to celebrate her birthday and blogoversary. Challenge 2 calls for embossing and following one of Kim's lovely sketches. I chose Lily from Pink Cat Studio's latest Valentine release. Isn't she adorable!

Short post today as I need to make 4 more Valentine's Day cards by Wednesday and I think 2 will be following this sketch. This card is earmarked for my dad from his grandaughters. The little button heart comes from my stash and was handpicked by my girls who thought it would suit grandpa's card perfectly.

Hugs,
Maria

Stamp: Pink Cat Studio image & sentiment
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black & Copics
Paper: Wausau, American Crafts, SU
Embellishments: Cuttlebug Folder, button & ribbons from stash


11 comments:

Kraftin' Kimmie said...

Great job with the sketch Maria! So cute!

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Maria, lov ethe cute image and the beautiful dp. Hugs Nikki x

Cindy Haffner said...

Love that sweet Lily, so pretty.

Janna said...

Oh that is so sweet! That is really neat how your girls get involved in your card making. And what a beautiful card this is! I love the layers and texture you created and the coloring is amazing!

Smiles,
janna

Bev said...

Whtat an adorable card! Love the yummy papers and sweet image

hugs BEv x

Carole said...

Love your card Maria, such a sweet image and beautiful papers.
Carole x

Stephanie said...

Awww...I think this card is just lush - cute papers, lovely image & love the embossing - thumbs up! xxx

craftyb said...

So pretty Maria...I love the pink n red...goes beautifully together! I'm sure your dad will love this! bx

SCRAP DIDI said...

beautiful card i love colors and i love image !!
hugs didi

Crissy Armstrong said...

This is adorable! I so love your bg paper too!

Courtney said...

Oh my, this is adorable!