Friday, February 13, 2009

Valentine Princess

The layout was inspired by one of Amy Rysavy's cards and the image is Princess Anya by the Greeting Farm . Isn't she just a darling? This Valentine is for my youngest daughter who's 6 and still very much into princesses. Picture not the greatest as I took it at night.

I tried a few new things with this card - new for me that is. I sponged ink around the edge of the circle, used my copics to give the white Retro punched flowers a bit of colour around the edges of the petals and then used Copic BG000 to outline the image.

This is a short post as it's after midnight here in SW Ontario and I'm exhausted. I'm hoping to post again later today so check back.

Happy Valentine's,
Maria

4 comments:

Janna said...

Maria this is just beautiful!! I just know your daughter will love it! I adore the layout and your coloring on Anya is amazing! I can't believe this was the first time you tried all those techniques! You look like you are a pro at them! Great, great job!

Smiles,
janna

Bev said...

So sweet! Love the image Maria and the lace heart is so pretty
hugs Bev x

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh so gorgeous Maria love the pretty lace heart and your beautiful colouring, I be your daughter loved her card, Have a great Sunday, Hugs, Nikki x

AmyR said...

Really cute card!! I love that Anya stamp (I have some of them on my way to me right now - I couldn't resist!!) :)