Thursday, June 25, 2009

Babies, Oh Joy!

Exciting year as we're welcoming a few babies into the family. This card is for my beautiful niece who already lights up the room with activity. She's surrounded by 8 older cousins between the ages of 3 and 10 who get into a noisy line waiting their turn to hold her as the mommies hold their breath - LOL.

So hard to make the perfect baby card and after the third try, this is the best I came up with. I did a combination of things and don't remember if inspiration came to me or if I've seen this layout somewhere else.

For the background, I used the new Spellbinder Butterfly Impressionabilities I got from Skribbles and Scraps. I really like the subtle embossed pattern but will fiddle with my Cuttlebug a bit more next time by adding a piece of cardstock or thin chipboard for a crisper impression. Also loving these beautiful Prima flowers I got from Phebe at the Town Scrapper.

Have a great day stamping.


Stamps: Stamping Bella

Ink: Memnto Tuxedo Black

Copics: E000, R11, R83, YG03 &YR82

Paper: Wausau & SU

Ribbon & Embellies: from stash, Prima flowers

Other: Spellbinder Butterfly Impressionabilities, Circle scalloped & classic dies + Fiskars Punch

6 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Gorgeous card Maria, such a cute image and i love the pretty flowers. Hugs Nikki x

craftyb said...

SOoo pretty Maria...love the prima blooms too! bx

vikkithescrapjunkie said...

Hi Maria, this card is really gorgeous, love the cute image and also the embossing on the card its great. Please nip over to my blog as there is a little something for you to collect.
Love n hugs
Vikki xx

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

super cute baby card . Love the image you've used and the beautiful colouring also. Have a fantastic weekend dear Maria...and thanks for visiting my blog and for all your kind comments Hugs Claudix

Ila said...

This is just the Sweetest!!...Adorable image and lovely coloring!!...Hugs, Ila

Anonymous said...

What a cute card! Such a sweet image and wonderful flowers.
Hugs
Carole x