Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Tutorial and Copic DEMO

No project today but a quick post to let you know a few things. First, there's a new tute on The Townscrapper site today on making your own charms with images. Check it out cause you can use this technique to add special embellies to all your papercrafting projects.

I have some exciting weekend plans to share with you. Phebe, owner of The Townscrapper, is hosting a Copic Demo showcasing the very talented Melanie and Krista Copic colouring. Phebe will be demoing her watercolouring genius as well - yipee! I can't wait to soak in all this colouring greatness as my eyes are going to be glued to their every colouring move. Checkout their blogs for their wonderfulness and if you're in the Petrolia, Ontario area and would like to attend the Copic Demo, please contact Phebe directly at info@towncrapper.com or call her at 519-882-0623.

BTW, I've had a few email inquiries on where to purchase Copic Sketch markers and I highly highly recommend Skribbles and Scraps. The owners are fabulous to deal with and are also very knowledgeable about Copics and everything papercrafting. Two weeks ago, I ran out of E33 and E000 - insert panic - which are pretty much staples for me when I colour so off I went to Skribbles and Scraps ~ and of course I left with more than the Copic refills I was originally looking for (hehehe). You should know they stock every possible Copic Sketch colour - woohooo - plus refills for lots of the colours, including the Blender refill - a must have. If they run out of a particular Sketch or don't have the refill ink you need in stock, they're more than happy to order it in for you. PLUS, they have a Copic Sketch incentive program: buy 9 Copics and get the 10th FREE - another woohoo!! Now you don't have to buy 9 Copics all at once but every time you buy one, Bob and Jennie (fabulous owners) will stamp your incentive card and when you get to your 9th, you get to pick your 10th for FREE. The Skribbles and Scraps store site lists their class schedules and news on upcoming events plus they have a blog HERE you could follow.

That's all my news for today. Hope you have a great inky day!

Hugs,
Maria

No comments: