Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Let's Get Sketchy

Good Day everyone!  This week Paola has challenged us to get sketchy over at A Spoon Full of Sugar and we hope you join us for the fun.  Thank you to Daphne, our sponsor this week from Bella Digi Studio, for providing me with this gorgeous image. 


Here's my interpretation of the sketch using the sweet Little Loves - Best Friends digi. 

Best Friends ASFOS

I used some Basic Grey ~ Sugar Rush ~ and TPC Studio papers ~ Bottle Caps, Jelly Beans and Sunny Bunny Border ~ I had in my stash.  Brads, spacers and pearls are from my stash.  I used my EK Success swirl punch, MS Monarch Butterfly punch and my Joy flower dies to embellish the card.  I curled the flowers two ways so some petals curled up and others curled down.  Digi Image was coloured with Copics and then I used a white gel pen to TRY and add highlights.  Not happy with how the highlights turned out so I won't do that again until I've practiced a LOT more.

I'm entering the card into the following challenges:
That's all for today and don't forget to take a peek at the DT's wonderful creations.  I hope to see you back tomorrow so I can share my stupendously happy news with you - yipee!

Hugs,
Maria

6 comments:

Vicky said...

Hi what a cute fabby card, love your flowers. Good luck.
Thanks for joining us at CES Challenge.

Hugs Vicky xx

Jill said...

Maria, I love that image its so pretty and I think you have made such a nice job of the sketch which doesn't look to be the easiest sketch! Jill x

Deb said...

this is so beautiful, the images are so adorably cute and love the pretty papers! hugs Debx

Jacilynn said...

adorable! I love the lace and ribbon. so very cleaver.
x

Mummylade said...

This is just lovely! Thank you so much for joining the SFTW challenge this fortnight and good luck!

crafty amy said...

This is such a cute little card I love that image and great use of the sketch :D
Thank you for joining us at CES and good luck.

Hugs

Amy xx