Thursday, September 6, 2012

Funky Backpack Tag


Hi there crafty friends!  It’s back to school for my girls this week.  My oldest is so excited to be starting middle school so I wanted to make a tag for her backpack using a funky image as she’s getting older and the COOL factor is soooo important ~ lol.  I made this simple tag using Felicity, which is one of the NEW fabulous digis from the 60s Girlfriends Collection.  Now these beauties are so funky with sweet attitude and that oh yeah factor so I knew my big girl would think Felicity was COOL enough to sport on her backpack!!
Here’s the list of Copics I used:
Skin: E000, E00, E11, E31 & R20 ~ Hair: E50, E29, E25 & E37 ~ Jacket: E50 & E31 ~ Hat & Scarf:YR09, YR05, YR15 & Y38 ~ Boots:  E18, E17, E15 &E00 ~ Outline: BG10
I made a booboo (well more than one if you look closely – lol) when I coloured the skin accidentally using E31 instead of E00.  Well, I went over the E31 with E00 and I quite like the combo so I’ll be purposely using that one again.  Colouring is what I find the most difficult to do as I want everything just perfect.  BUT, I have to admit that mistakes usually end up being a good thing – usually – and I learn a lot from them on how to do things another way.  Soooo my pearls of wisdom for the day are HAVE FUN and PLAY.
Here’s a pic of the tag on the backpack. I added 2 pearls to the tag after taking the pictures above as I felt those areas needed a little extra something.
I couldn't resist having all the fabby Girlfriends in the collection Here.  Checkout the MIC Store Blog for more wonderful inspiration, colouring techniques, tips and tutorials.
Make it Crafty Products Used:
MIC Felicity Digi
printed on MIC Blending Card  
Thanks for visiting.
Maria

1 comment:

Auntie Em said...

This is so cute! I will have to try making some of these for my granddaughters. I am sure they would love having something to hang on their backpacks.
Thanks for shairng! :)