Thursday, April 1, 2010

April Fool's Day Meets Vintage

Edited to add some Magnolia Candy ~ Please scroll down to the end of the post for details.

Happy April Fool's Day! It's the start of a new month full of adventure and warm weather - yipee! Finally the sun is out and the kids are happy to be playing outside skipping rope and riding their bikes.

I'm a day late posting my card. I created it for yesterday's tutorial on The Townscrapper Blog, showcasing the cracked glass technique. But I wasn't 100% happy with the card I posted so I added a few more embellies, including my new yummilicious flowers by Flora Doodles. The ribbon is my all-time favourite lace but am soooo kicking myself for not having bought lots more of it while in Florida - sigh.

Cracked Glass Tutorial Card

I'm loving creating vintage ever since my oh so talented friend Zoe challenged me a month or so ago to make one. But I still can't tear my dp ~ just the thought of tearing pretty paper makes me cringe but I'm determined to try this soon. BTW, head on over to Zoe's blog, Make-It Crafty, to see her beautiful Mermaid card plus to participate in Karen Doodles' Easter Hop. KD is celebrating 1000 blog followers with a fun hop and those who collect/add up all the eggs are in the running for some cool prizes.

Here's a close-up of my cracked glass image ~ uhm a bit over-cracked though but I remember now that I can reheat it smooth and bend it after I pop it in the freezer for a bit ~ lol. The Bear-Y Sweet Sophie stamp is an exclusive Victoria Case Design for The Townscrapper.

Close-up Cracked

I'm entering my card into the following challenges:
  1. Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Inspiration Colour/Picture #3
  2. Creative Card Crew - Vintage/Aged
  3. Simple Doodles - Add Some Layers
  4. Crafty Creations - Anything Goes
Got too busy to do something special for my blogoversary last month so I've decided to pop in a blog candy every so often as a little surprise. So today's candy is the Magnolia image, Love Sealing Wax. No special rules or things for you to do except leave a comment on this post to let me know you've visited. You have until Easter Sunday (April 4) at midnight EST and I will post the random winner on Monday, April 5. Please only one comment per person.
Blog Candy

Not sure if I will be posting again before Monday so I'll take this opportunity to wish you and your families a very Happy Easter.

Hugs,
Maria

12 comments:

Zoe said...

Talk about gorgeous! I am loving your vintage take on things. Rather than 'tearing' the paper why not start with just a small amount of distressing around the edges of your main background piece? Oh and those flowers!! I want some! lol I can see why you wish you had bought more of that lace. It happens to me too all the time. Then I start to get stingy near the end of it and wont use it. lol
Hugs

Zoe

P.S thanks for mentioning about the blog hop! Should be heaps of fun!

Linda Coughlin, the funkie junkie said...

Lovely card - pretty colors and papers. Your cracked glass image adds a vintage feel without having to rough up the paper edges. Great job on the vintage challenge. So happy you could have fun with the Creative Card Crew this week.

Rose said...

this is beautiful and i love the cracked glass affect on the image. thanks for joining us on simple doodles :)

Lisa said...

oh I love the vintage look, great job!!!

bonnieR said...

Hey Maria, thanks for the photos egad do I reallylook like that. Oh well, Happy Waster and love love love the vintage look. take care

Michele Roos said...

Oh such a gorgeous card Maria. Love the image you've used and the colours also. Hugs Michele x

Debbie said...

This is just Gorgeous Maria,Love the Vintage look and those gorgeous Flowers,Hope you are having a good Easter,Hugs Debbie x

Kylie said...

I love that beautiful lace Maria! Gorgeous cracked glass too. It goes beautifully with that sweet Victoria Case image. I can't believe those flowers too! Lovely!
Hugs
Kylie

Silke Ledlow said...

WOW Maria this is one gorgeous inspired card!!! The iamge is so sweet and I really like the cracked glass technique with it!!!

Thank you so much for playing the FTTC with us!!! Happy Easter!!! Hugs ~S~

Claire Phillips said...

Thanks for playing along at Crafty Creations this week in our 'Anything goes' challenge. Great project - fab image and I love those flowers - good luck in the draw. Cheers Claire x

Maria Matter said...

Beautiful Maria!!!! the cracked glass looks fabulous here, great job!!!
I'm so glad you came to play with us at Creative Card Crew!
Blessings, Maria

Victoria said...

wow Maria those flowers certainly are yummylicious!!!

Fabulous card, love the pearls and lace too

Thanks for taking part at Creative Card Crew
Hugs
Victoria
x